Principal Advisor (Development Control), Department of Transport and Main Roads / Brisbane
- Permanent full-time
- $98,476 - $105,591 per annum
Transport and Main Roads plans, manages and delivers Queensland's integrated transport network to achieve sustainable transport solutions for road, rail, air and sea.
You will be working for an organisation that provides:
• Modern office environment centrally located in Brisbane CBD
• Professional development opportunities
• Attractive employee benefits
This role involves:
• Assessment and administration of land use planning and development applications to ensure the future operational integrity of the road network.
• Provide technical, legislative and policy direction to subordinate staff and to management, on the assessment of development applications that impact upon the state-controlled road network.
• Contribute to the department’s input to the planning schemes of local government and other government agencies in relation to transport and land planning issues to ensure consistent land use planning.
• Negotiate appropriate outcomes with stakeholders in regard to land planning and development applications.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5-7 years of experience as a professional Town Planner.
• Relevant formal qualification, which is accepted by the Institution of Engineers Australia or Royal Australian Planning Institute.
• Demonstrable team leadership experience and skills in a relevant field.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, results orientation, and the ability to influence decisions, actions and perceptions.
• Experience in the assessment of development applications that impact on land planning and infrastructure issues.
If you have the skills and experience necessary to be successful, then apply now. Please apply online through the Smart jobs and careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/156513/15.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 January 2015
Location of role: Brisbane - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Work Type: Full Time
Classification: Design & Architecture
Sub-Classification: Urban Design & Planning