Looking for Employment? Would you like to advertise yourself?
Name: Coralie Gainza
Phone: 0498 075 453
Desired working location: Australia
2011-2013 Master in Spatial Planning and Development, Urbain and regional development. Umeå, Sweden.
2007-2010 Bachelor in Urbain and Event Management, Marketing and Tourism, 4 internships and 6 on-the-field volunteer work in France. One exchange semester in Nicosia, Cyprus and one internship in The Netherlands.
Master thesis on the Socio-economic Selective Migration and Counter-Urbanisation of Stockholm.
Name: Md Rakibul Hossain
Desired working location: South Australia
2011 - Master of Urban & Regional Planning, Urban Planning - Jahangirnagar University
CGPA 3.08 out of GPA 4.00
2010 - Bachelor of Urban & Regional Planning, Urban & Regional Planning - Jahangirnagar University
CGPA 3.43 out of GPA 4.00
FROM: February, 2014 TO: October, 2014
Position: Individual Consultant (Junior Urban Planner), Upazila Towns Infrastructure Development Project( UTIDP), LGED
Organization: Local Government Engineering Department (LGED), Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka 1207
Description of Duties:
- Review and evaluation of Master Plan reports and maps submitted by consultancy firms.
- Data analysis and interpretation of physical feature data, socio-economic data and demographic data.
- Keeping up to date with legislation, policies and regulation associated with land use.
- Attend the consultancy meeting to ensure public participation in the planning process.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the progress of Master Plan preparation activities, assist Senior Urban Planner monitoring and guiding project activities and regular meeting with Project Director and other project personnel.
FROM: August, 2011 TO: February, 2014
Position: Assistant Urban Planner,
Organization: AQUA Consultant & Associates Ltd.43 Mohakhali C/A, 14th Floor, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Description of Duties:
- To Prepare Master Plan Report which includes Land use Plan, Transportation Plan, Environmental Plan and Ward Action Plan.
- Data analysis and interpretation of topographic survey, physical feature survey, land use survey, traffic and transportation survey, socio-economic survey, drainage and environment survey
- To prepare necessary maps for the Master Plan.
- To conduct and arrange consultancy meeting with different stockholders including municipal authority and the Local govt. Engineering Department.
Name: Maria Hall
Phone: 0475 884 697
Desired working location: Sydney CBD/Manly
MSc Spatial Regeneration, Pass with commendation (Urban Renewal/Urban Design)
School of Planning Architecture Civil Engineering, Queens University Belfast, Northern Ireland
BA Hons, Geography Planning and Environmental Policy
School of Geography Planning Environmental Policy, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Urban Renewal Consultant - Dublin City Council, Dublin, Ireland
- Submitted tender to produce an urban village improvement plan document (High volume with time constraints)
- Analysed urban areas, urban design & physical landscape
- Conducted user/customer analysis and profiled the footfall
- Conducted an accessibility and mobility audit
- Mapped existing assets and services using GIS and adobe design software
- Designed and hosted public consultation campaigns, on street, online and key stakeholder consultations
- Designed urban regeneration projects and proposed recommendations for the areas improvement
- Designed laneway enhancement schemes
Town Planner/Project Manager - Age Friendly Ireland and Dublin City Council, Dublin, Ireland
- Formed a project steering group and facilitated the coordination of various group departments, external agencies and key stakeholders
- Consulted extensively with older people (aged 55+) by means of public meetings and focus groups, stakeholder interviews, walkability audits and surveys
- Conducted research, analysis and mapping to prepare a town profile
- Developed an Age Friendly action plan informed by research, analysis and the priorities and preferences of older adults as emerged from the consultations
- Project management roles including resource co-ordination and managing the delivery of the short, medium and long-term actions during the implementation phase
Town Planner - Dublin Age Friendly Cities Project - Ageing Well Network and Dublin City Council, Dublin, Ireland
- Produced an in-depth demographic analysis of target age cohorts within the Greater Dublin Area. This included the preparation of age dependency ratios, deprivation rates, population projections and population pyramids
- Development of GIS maps, allowing the analysis of the distribution of the various age cohorts within Dublin City Council
- Reviewed and analysed key age related literature
- Organising and facilitating consultations, on street, round table, focus groups and key stakeholder interviews
- Writing various action plans
- Designing final planning reports
Research Consultant (Project) - Volunteers Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
- Submitted tender to conduct research on volunteering amongst those aged 55+
- Completed a final research report on Volunteering trends amongst those aged 55+
- Presented findings in report format with reference to relevant literature and presentation of conclusions
- Proposed recommendations on encouraging volunteering among those aged 55+ to include suggestions for ‘branding’ a future strategy
Information Technology and GIS Intern - Technical Review Division- New York City Planning Department, New York, USA
- Developed GIS data layers needed to represent the city’s zoning and base map features
- Created special purpose district layer for new zoning and land use application zola
- Attended site visits and conducted site appraisals
- Digitalized historic planning maps and created a new historic zoning layer
- Attending planning commission meetings and agency wide meetings
Name: Dean Wooding
Phone: 0423 579 404
Desired working location: Sydney CBD, Central Coast, Hunter
- 2014 - Diploma in Project Management (in progress) - AIM, Australia(distance learning)
- 2012 -Post Graduate Certificate (PGCert) (Merit) Mindfulness Based Approaches -Bangor UniversityWales UK
- 1991 - BA (Hons) Town Planning - Leeds University UK
- 1987 - BTEC Ordinary National Diploma, Land Use - Waltham Forest College UK
Senior ePlanning Project Officer – NSW Dept of Planning - June 2013 - present
Regional Project Officer for the Hunter, Mid-Western and Southern Councils
Project Management: Portfolio to deliver 35 NSW Councils to the EHC and Application Tracking AT projects by June 2015
Stakeholder Engagement: Extensive stakeholder involvement in 60 NSW Councils to test, develop and adopt ePlanning tools
Systems Innovation: Key contribution in the review and development of the EHC, AT, Application Lodgment and Interactive Buildings projects. Key contribution to deliver the EHC via video conferencing and for regional / remote working systems for staff
Training and Mentoring: Mentoring and training of Managers and Project Officers to deliver the NSW ePlanning portfolio
Legislative: expert interpretation of planning legislative documents including SEPPs and the Local Government Act. Application of legislation to website development and project delivery. Assistance in re-writing Codes SEPP legislation for the online environment to facilitate feedback to the Codes Team
Technical: working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, computer-based customer response telephone call-back systems, specialist planning packages, data storage and mapping packages, GIS, TRIM, Objective, Pathway and ICON. Personal website development.
Technical (ePlanning): in-depth understanding of GIS (spatial) data and PIS (textual) data to facilitate the delivery of the Electronic Housing Code (EHC) and Application Tracking (AT) projects. Administrator of ‘Confluence’ (Atlassian) and ‘Redbooth’ project management platforms. Extensive understanding of industries’ ePlanning platforms.
Town Planner – Parramatta City Council - May - June 13
Assisted in the assessment of dual occupation, medium scale residential and industrial development applications.
Principal Planner - London Borough of Islington, UK - July 2011 - March 2012
High density mixed residential / commercial districts in and around the ‘City of London’. Responsible for complex medium-sized applications, minor applications and pre-application proposals. Further developed expertise in managing a wide range of conservation area and listed building applications and appeals. Deepened knowledge of urban design, accessibility and renewable energy issues through the application process.
Senior Planner - London Borough of Ealing, UK - July 2008 - June 2011
Low density prestigious suburban and high density urban and Town Centre districts, as well as large-scale commercial estates. Worked on strategic scale, major and minor applications. Staff mentoring responsibilities. Developed proficiency in the assessment of complex and controversial high profile cases, reporting directly to the Area Head. Developed skills in representing the Council at planning appeal hearings. Became on authority on the Council's conservation policies. Developed advanced skills in the formulation and negotiation of development contributions related to major applications. Able to steer related legal documents through to agreement.
Senior Planner - London Borough of Hackney, UK - October 2007- June 2008
Worked within districts across the ‘City of London’, including high-density residential and commercial districts under intense development pressure. Managed medium-sized applications, majority comprising mixed residential, commercial, arts or entertainment uses. Able to make an immediate impact within the Team in order to prioritise, negotiate and resolve a large number of existing out of time applications.
Retreat Director - Sudarshanaloka, New Zealand - October 2006 - July 2007
Responsible for maintenance / management of retreat centre (including buildings and 240 acres of wild bushland), office and administration.
Centre Director - North London Buddhist Centre, UK - October 2001 - April 2006
Development of the Centre Director role providing strategic direction for the charity and community. Building, office and events and Secretary and Trustee of the charity. Managed the smooth transition of activities from small hired premises to a larger, newly purchased permanent building, retaining the client base during the conversion.
Planning Assistant - Borough of Redbridge, UK - October 1993 - October 2001
Prestigious suburban districts and high density multi cultural residential areas. Specialist dual role responsible for processing minor planning applications and enforcement (compliance) complaints. Promoted to Planning Assistant from Technician
Name: Alex Salani
Desired working location: Brisbane QLD, Melbourne VIC
Education: Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning, University of New England - Completed June 2014
Town Planner: November 2012 – June 2014, Pulver, Cooper & Blackley
Pulver Cooper & Blackley Pty Ltd is a multidisciplinary surveying, town planning, project management and civil engineering practice.
Duties: During my time at PCB I was responsible for coordinating, preparing and lodging Development Applications for various types of development including rural, residential and industrial subdivisions, dual occupancy and multi dwelling unit developments. I also worked on planning proposals for land rezonings and due diligence reports that investigated the potential of land for development. During this time I gained experience working across a range of planning legislation and within a number of local government areas. I believe that this experience has provided a solid platform for a town planning professional.
Specific skills gained during my previous employment include:
- Research and problem solving
- The preparation of town planning reports and documents
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work efficiently within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Interpret and work with Planning legislation
- Time management and working to deadlines
Name: Scott Lucke
Desired working location: Australia Wide
Title: Graduate Urban and Environmental Planner (GIS skills)
Bachelor of Urban and Environmental Planning (2013)
Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science (2014)
2011 – 2012 – Student Town planner/Surveyors Assistant
Bennett and Bennett Property Consultants, Surveyors and Town Planners, Gold Coast
Duties: Working as an assistant Town planner on development applications, processing reports and offering planning advice and consultation with clients. Working under time pressures, and with due diligence when undertaking research for projects. Operating surveying equipment such as total stations and data collectors on a variety of jobsites including work on large-scale development and construction sites.
2009 – 2010 – Surveyors Assistant
Sommerfeld Jensen and Campbell Surveyors, Bundaberg
Duties: Working closely with, and assisting surveyors. Operating surveying equipment such as total stations and data collectors on a variety of jobsites including work on large-scale development and high-rise apartments.
2012-2013 – Student town planner (Practicum) – PSA Consulting, Brisbane
Duties: Working as a trainee Town Planner as part of my practical experience for my final year of university. Duties included working on development applications, processing reports, offering planning advice and client consultation. Researching for projects, communicating with key stakeholders and applying planning policy to projects and applications. Used software such as Adobe Illustrator and ArcGIS to edit and produce maps for GIS involved projects.
Name: Luigi Cavallo
Phone: 0426 769 955 (AUS) / +39 3207721433 (IT)
Desired working location: ACT, NWS, QLD, WA, VIC , TAS, NT, SA
Visa: Working Holiday Visa (417)
I visited Australia from February 2013 to May 2014 on a Working Holiday Visa. I loved my time in Australia very much. I have temporarily returned to Italy for family reasons and have obtained a planning position. However, when my family situation allows it, I intend if possible to obtain an Australian Permanent Resident Visa. In particular, I am seeking a planning job to take advantage of my degree. I like all aspects of Town Planning, but I am particularly interested in issues such as Sustainable Mobility and Urban Regeneration. I believe in myself and I am always ready to start any job experience with the right enthusiasm. I am confident I can transfer my own skills from my country to any workplace in Australia. I am a hard worker and personable. I enjoy being among people and help whenever I can. I also like particularly to enjoy Australia’s natural environment and beauty. I am available to work 24/7.
University of Florence, Italy
Master of Town and Regional Planning and Design (Completed September 2011)
Master Thesis Title (English): Mobility and Urban Quality: The Experience of Four European Cities and a Proposal for Messina (thesis preparation involved travel to and study in Germany, France and Austria)
University of Palermo, Italy
Bachelor of Town, Regional and Environmental Planning (Completed October 2008)
Bachelor Thesis Title (English): Transportation Planning in the Province of Ragusa
Permaculture Design Course – PDC
Certificate of attendance – Penguin TAS 7316 Australia (November – December 2013)
Good Life Permaculture – South Hobart TAS 7004 Australia
Town Planner (Currently) Modica, Sicily, Italy – City Council
Old Town Regeneration – Old Town Plan elaboration.
The almost abandoned old town by its former inhabitants who preferred to move to the new area could be again attractive for those who want to have the opportunity to live in a sustainable way. No cars, just public transport, electric bikes, pedestrian areas, lifts and escalators for mobility, more green areas, more new facilities and the possibility to work short distance from home represent the opportunity to valorize the old town.
Initiative (July - August 2012) Modica, Sicily, Italy
Co-Promoter and Coordinator of a Regeneration Plan for an abandoned park in Modica (Se fosse un parco - If it would be a park) organizing a Grassroots Movement (bottom-up approach)
Internship (September - December 2010) Empoli, Florence, Italy – Culture Department
Mapping of Historical and Artistic Heritage of the cities of Empoli (main town), Cerreto Guidi, Fucecchio and Vinci
(October - November 2006) Palermo, Sicily, Italy - Transportation Regional Department of Sicily
Analysis and synthetic representation of the Regional Transportation Plan of Sicily (Railways, Highways, Airports and Harbors Planning)
(March 2014) University of Florence, Italy
Francesco Alberti, Luigi Cavallo, Sostenibile, soft, smart: modelli di mobilità per le medie città europee. Le esperienze di Graz e Karlsruhe [Sustainable, soft, smart: mobility models for european middle sized cities. The experiences of Graz and Karlsruhe]. Francesco Alberti, Pino Brugellis, Federico Parolotto, Città pensanti. Creatività, mobilità, qualità urbana [Thinking Cities. Creativeness, mobility, urban quality], Quodlibet Studio, Città e paesaggio (2014), 104-117.
Skills and abilities:
Languages: Italian (Native Language), English (C1 level), Spanish (A2 level).
Computing: expertise in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, the Internet.
Communication: report writing, presentation skills.
Teamwork skills, research and data analysis, problem solving, flexibility, self-motivation, keen eye for detail.
Name: Patrick Brandful Cobbinah
Desired working location: VIC, WA, NSW, TAS, QLD, SA, NT.
I am a committed and self-motivated young researcher with background in urban and regional planning, tourism, development and poverty. I am highly organised and enthusiastic, and think clearly and critically, with an understanding of environmental planning issues. I also have the capacity to work independently and in a team.
- PhD in Environmental Science, Charles Sturt University, Australia, 2014.
- Thesis: Towards poverty reduction in developing countries: An analysis of ecotourism implementation in the Kakum Conservation Area, Ghana.
- BSc Human Settlement Planning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, 2009
- Honours Thesis: The role of land use planning in managing urban sprawl in the Kumasi Metropolis, Ghana.
Casual staff (Research Assistant) at School of Environmental Sciences, Charles Sturt University (2011-2014) Duties: Marking of assignments, Working on environmental sustainability research projects, Giving occasional lectures on environmental conservation to environmental science students, Organising field trips for environmental science students
Teaching and Research Assistant, Department of Planning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana (2009-2010) Duties: Lectured the following courses: research methods; environmental management; resource assessment techniques; and rural planning. Organising and participating in field work for undergraduate planning students. Supervision of four honours thesis in planning in the following areas: Controlling slum development in the Kumasi Metropolitan Area, Ghana. An investigation into the effects of urbanisation on water bodies in Kumasi, Ghana. Assessing the effects of urbanisation on environmental sanitation facilities in Kumasi, Ghana. Assessing the environmental, safety and amenity problems in the Central Business District of Kumasi, Ghana.
Research Assistant, District Development Planning Office, Mpohor Wassa East District Assembly, Ghana (2008) Duties: Monitoring and Evaluation of the Community Based Rural Development Projects (CBRDP), Planning and implementation of Water and Sanitation Project (WATSAN).
Research Assistant, Metropolitan Development Planning Office, Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan Assembly (STMA), Ghana (2007). Duties: Preparation of an Action Plan for Environmental Sustainability. Data collection
Amoateng, P., Cobbinah, P.B. & Ofori-Kumah, K. (2014). Towards creation of sustainable enclaves for small and medium-size enterprises in Kumasi, Ghana. International Journal of Social, Human Science and Engineering 8(1), 333-341.
Amoako, C., Cobbinah, P.B. & Niminga-Beka, R. (2014). Urban infrastructure design and pedestrian safety in the Kumasi central business district, Ghana. Journal of Transportation, Safety and Security, 6(3), 235-256, DOI: 10.1080/19439962.2013.861887.
Napari, P.N. & Cobbinah, P.B. (2014). Environmental sanitation dilemma in the Tamale metropolis, Ghana. International Journal of Social, Human Science and Engineering 8 (1), 228-233.
Cobbinah, P.B., Black, R. & Thwaites, R. (2013). Dynamics of poverty in developing countries: Review of poverty reduction approaches. Journal of Sustainable Development, 6(9), 25-35.
2014 Charles Sturt University Writing-Up Award
2011-2014 Charles Sturt University Faculty of Science PhD Scholarship Award
2012-2013 Charles Sturt University Institute for Land, Water and Society Top-up Award
2009 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Department of Planning Best Human Settlement Planning Student
Name: Darya Fatah
Phone: 0413 233 071
Desired working location: Sydney, New South Wales
- Bachelor Social Science Major Geography and Urban Studies University of Western Sydney, 2013
- Master Urban Management and Planning University Of Western Sydney, 2014
- Thesis: Open Space as a supportive environment for physical activity, 2014
Placement at NSW Rural Fire Services: Planning and Development Assessment Department
Duties included: DA and TRIM system, Editing and proof reading White Paper Submission, Identifying bushfire prone lands
Hyde Park Medical Centre 2010-2014: Reception/ Administration
Duties include: Pre-employment medical and functional bookings, Bookings, Accounts and Remittance, Phone and face to face customer service, Work Cover Invoices, Liaising with local and international agencies
I am highly passionate in gaining employment in the planning and development field and possess a broad range of knowledge and skills. Although I have limited experience in the planning industry I am willing to undertake voluntary work to gain experience in the planning industry for a period of time before having the opportunity to gain employment.
Name: Matthew Stringer
Phone: 0414 628 992
Desired working location: Brisbane
Education: Graduate – Bachelors of Urban and Environmental Planning, Griffith University
Student Planner – Logan City Council
Assist in the operations of the Development Enquires Counter and act as the initial point of contact for customer service for the Development Assessment Branch.
Lodge development applications received at the Development Enquires Counter.
Provide written and verbal advice to internal and external stakeholders on planning related issues in accordance with Council policies, processes and procedures.
Conduct research for specific projects relating to planning matters.
Prepare reports and make recommendations on development applications and other planning matters.
Assess development applications in accordance with requirements of the Sustainable Planning Act and other State Legislation, Logan City Council planning scheme, and Council’s local laws, policies and procedures.
Prepare correspondence in relation to planning issues and other matters as required.
Name: Runze Wang
Desired working location: Any
Able to work creatively and flexibly with total devotion. Enthusiastic passion in wide range of disciplines, utilize dimensional interests to inspire professional solutions. Adapt quickly by grasping the key objectives within new environments. Enjoy taking responsibility in teamwork with the ability to push things over stagnation to the next stage. Care beyond self, gain sense of success and pursuit self value through contributing.
- University of Melbourne Mar 2013 – Dec 2014
Master of Urban Design
- Architectural Association School of Architecture July 2014
Slovenia Visiting School in ‘Nano-tourism’ Design
- Delft University of Technology Feb – July 2014
Master Exchange Programme in Landscape Architecture
- Barcelona School of Architecture (ETSAB) July 2013
Barcelona Visiting School in Parametric Bodega Design
- University of Melbourne Mar 2010 – Dec 2012
Bachelor of Environments in Urban Design and Planning
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) July 2011
Vacation Course in Globalization’s Impact on Trade, Development and Environment
- East Doncaster Secondary College Feb 2007- Dec 2009
- High School, Victorian Certificate of Education
- Internship, EcoCity Project, Envest Group, Melbourne Dec 2013 - Jan 2014
- Software Tutor & General Representative, Urban Design Society, University of Melbourne Aug – Nov 2013
- Internship, Urban Planning and Design Department, China Architecture Design and Research Group, Beijing Dec 2012 – Feb 2013
- Internship, Urban Living Department, GHD Australia, Melbourne July 2012
- Voluntary Work, Tikiri Sevana Orphanage, Kandy, Sri Lanka Jan – Feb 2011
3D Rhino, Grasshopper, Vray, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Name: Dong James Jiang
Phone: +61 0430906208
Desired working location: Perth Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, Adelaide.
2008-2009 Canning College: Western Australian Certificate of Education with Tertiary Entrance Rand Scores of 93. (Equivalent TER = 93) Outstanding Academic Results in Applicable Mathematics, Calculus, Accounting, Economic, English, and Computer Science.
2010 - 2014, Bachelor of Science, Major in Urban and Regional Planning, University of Western Australia ( Achieved outstanding results in SCIE 3366 Project management, project results placed 1st.)
Bar tender at Bar 138 on Barrack Street, Perth. (2009-2010)
Sports Assistant in Cycling at Australian University Games hosted at Perth. (2010)
Casual Cleaner for BTIA (Business Technology Institute of Australia- World College Group), Perth
Kitchen Hand in Rose Garden, Belmont, Perth (2012)
Bar tenders at Claremont Hotel (2013)
AYR international (2014)
My name is James Dong Jiang, who is seriously enjoying academia, graduated from University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Science majoring in Urban and Regional Planning. I am passionate about it, along with a Good Standing status during the four years of undergraduate study and an individual research project focused on transport planning during fourth year. I am an outgoing person who is also academically and socially well behaved. I understand the importance of a good team work and enjoy working as a team for better outcome, and I believe people should actively contribute to their environments towards success.
After gaining adequate social experiences from part time jobs, it is still recognizable of my lack of professional work experience. My career objective in the future is currently either staying with the Suburban Planning, including Re-zoning, Subdivision, and planning basic community infrastructures and facilities; or going to take a further step toward regional sustainable development as I was lucky to be involved in a first Public Space & Life Research Project that was carried out in City of Geraldton in September 2012, which is also leaded by Professor Paul. Maginn at UWA.
In the past two years, it was a pleasure to gain decent knowledge of several new redevelopment with Metropolitan Area in Perth, as an example, I have done a decent project and risk management report for ‘Perth City Link’ project, and got the unit highest mark for it. To be honest, despite many of the projects I have done in University in relating to City & Town planning or Regional Development where team working environment has been smooth and efficient, I still have limited professional work experience, but I am a passionate teammate who is willing to learn at whatever costs. I have recently worked at a professional land development consultant company where I have put my knowledge into practice in statutory planning and planning law and legislation. I believe I have the potential to be able to contribute as much as I can should I get the opportunity to join in and welcome the opportunity to discuss my application in details at an interview, also it would means a lot to me if I would continue contributing in your organization the future, and all I am seeking is an opportunity to start stepping into professional planning industry.
Name: Philip Adams
Desired working location: New South Wales
Bachelor of Architecture, University of New South Wales (2009-13)
Master of Planning: University of New South Wales. 2014- present. (80 WAM, high distinction awarded for environmental management, placed 1st for exam).
Dick Smith Warriewood Sales person. 2013-present
Bing Lee Mona Vale. Sales person, IT section. 2009-2011
Woolworths Avalon. produce maintenance. 2008
I have no experience currently within the planning field outside of my degree but my background in sales have given me good experience in customer service, satisfaction and complaint handling. I have a strong grasp of relevant legislation and development approval from local environmental plans, as well as development control plans I have a strong desire and interest in undertaking sustainable approaches to planning. I am looking for work or intern experience while I undertake my masters, either paid or voluntary and will be able to start Immediately.
Name: Casey Temby
Phone: +61 410 406 378
Desired working location: Perth
Education: University of Canberra, ACT, Bachelor of Interior Architecture
Edith Cowan University, WA Academy of Performing Arts, Advanced Diploma of Live Production, Theatre, Film and Events
(Props and Scenery), major in scenic painting
Experience: July 2014 – current Research and training package development: Age-friendly Cities/Universal Design/Seniors as Consumers – Council on the Ageing NT (COTA NT).
March 2013 – current Design Consultant – Showroom, Perth, Australia.
February 2014 Acting – A Midsummer Night’s Dream (As You Like It), His Majesty’s Theatre, Perth for Chekhov International Theatre Festival, School of Dramatic Art Theatre and Dmitry Krymov Laboratory
October 2013 ‐ January 2014 Overseas travel, own art exhibition and moved interstate.
September 2013 - Academic scientific website creation for Professor Michel Lefebvre.
March 2013 – August 2013 (contract) Digital Switchover Liaison Officer ‐ Darwin, Commonwealth Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Environment.
February 2012 – February 2013 Administrator, Darwin Festival, Australia
June 2010 – December 2012 Executive Assistant to Ambassador of Japan, Embassy of Japan, Canberra
2014 Artist ‐ Darwin Fringe Festival 2014 – Street Art Project
2013 Successful project management and implementation of the digital switchover for Darwin as Community Liaison Officer reporting to the Federal Department of Broadband.
2013 Group art exhibition – 20 September 2013, DVAA, Darwin.
2011 Design Institute of Australia and University of Canberra Award for Academic Excellence and Outstanding Results for Interior Architecture.
2011 University of Canberra, Faculty of Art and Design Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence.
2011 Represented by an art gallery.
2009 Winner of Musique Art Magazine V.I.S.U.A.L. competition for painting and interview published for Musique Art magazine.
2009 Group exhibition, Sydney and published on various art sites.
2008 Sold out solo art exhibition ‘shades of lightness’, Sydney.
2007 Created independently-‐run small business exhibiting, selling and distributing art and design.
2000 Design Institute of Australia -‐ Australasian Student Design Award.
Name: Ensiyeh Ghavampour
Desired working location: All English Language Countries
PhD in Urban Design
Victoria University of Wellington
Master of Landscape Architecture
University of Tehran
Bachelor of Architecture
Imam Khomeini International University
Volunteer worker on the Porirua Place making project
Porirua City Council under the guidance of David Engwicht, a member of Project for Public Spaces (PPS)
Khudavand Consulting Engineers
Design Team Member for the Renovation Project ‘Sangelaj’.
The aim of this project was to create a design that was sensitive to the original plan of the district including the preservation of historic buildings and the memory of a residential district that was more than 200 years old.
Project Manager (a senior position)
Renovation Organization of Tehran
I was the manager of local revitalization projects for districts in Tehran, Iran, working in a government department similar to a city council. The project focused on 3368 hectares of urban fabric with problems including shortage of community services, lack of open space, high density population and poverty, complex social issues and poor quality construction. I liaised with several consultants and many local offices to enhance the relationship between the design team, the government and the community.
Iran‘s Cultural Heritage, Handicraft and Tourism Organisation
Volunteer design team member of ‘Shelal Park’ and ‘Boshaar Recreational Complex’.
This project aimed to use the natural, existing elements of the site to create a place for cultural ceremonies.
Researcher and Paper Reviewer
Nazar Research Institute of Arts, Architecture and Urbanism
Volunteer researcher (2006— 2011) and paper reviewer (2011—current)
Site Designer and Technical Architect
Sharestan Consulting Engineers
Arpeh Consulting Engineers
July– Current Tutor of Design Integration
Victoria University of Wellington
May 2014 Guest Lecturer
Landscape Architecture Sites and Systems, VUW
Presented lecture on ‘Sustainable design: the Value of Land’
2012—2014 Tutor for Urban Design Theory and Practice
Victoria University of Wellington
2011 Tutor for Landscape Architecture Design Integration
Victoria University of Wellington
2011 Guest Lecturer
Landscape Architecture Design Integration, VUW
Presented lectures on ‘Community Engagement’ and ‘Landscape Preference’
Technical computer skills include use of Arc GIS and MS Excel, MS Word and SPSS, Photoshop, sketch up, Auto Cad. I gained these skills while completing my PhD and working for government and Architecture firms.
2014 ‘The social life of public space in theory and practice: study of a small urban space in Wellington’
12th Australasian Urban History/Planning History Conference, 2—5 February 2014, Wellington, New Zealand
2014 (under review) ‘ Design elements and social activity in small urban public spaces: A facet theory investigation”
Landscape and urban Planning Journal
2014 ‘The social life of public space in theory and practice: study of a small urban space in Wellington’
12th Australasian Urban History/Planning History Conference, 2—5 February 2014, Wellington, New Zealand
2013 (under review) ‘The affordance of natural elements in small urban spaces’
Journal of Architecture and Planning Research, E Ghavampour, B Vale and M Del Aguila
Name: Nakshatra Sen
Desired working location: Western Australia, Adelaide, New South Wales, South Australia, Northern Territory and Queensland.
2010-12 Masters in Urban Design, M.ARCH(UD)
School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
2005-10 Bachelors in Architecture, B.ARCH
Bengal Engineering & Science Univ., Shibpur
DULAL MUKHERJEE AND ASSOCIATES, Kolkata
(POSITION HELD: ARCHITECT, URBAN DESIGNER, VISUALIZER)
HRIDI, Kolkata & D-form Architecture, Kolkata
HABITAT FOR RESPONSIVE IDEATION AND DESIGN ITERATION
(POSITION HELD: DESIGN DIRECTOR)
ABIN DESIGN STUDIO, KOLKATA
(POSITION HELD: ARCHITECT, URBAN DESIGNER)
SCHOOL OF PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE, NEW DELHI
(POSITION HELD: ARCHITECT, JUNIOR URBAN DESIGNER)
INDIAN LEES & FINANCIAL SERVICES, PLANNING DEPT
(POSITION HELD: ARCHITECT)
I am proficient in handling big scale projects from inception to execution including formulating design, co-ordination internally and externally. I have experience to lead a team to achieve my ideations through continuous involvement, practice and fun.
Name: Abdi Abdullahi
Desired working location: WA, VIC, QLD, NSW, NT, SA
Education: Bachelor of Arts: Urban and Regional Planning (honours)-Curtin University. Completing Masters of Science-Project Management at Curtin University.
Experience: I am currently studying masters of science-Project Management at Curtin University. I would appreciate any work experience in planning or project management. I have ten years work experience in retail, customer service, logistics and trade work.
Microsoft office suite, Microsoft Project, Photo shop
Multilingual-English, Somali, basic Arabic
Name: Ooi Zhao Wei
Desired working location: Western Australia, Adelaide, New South Wales, South of Australia. Northern Territory, and Queensland.
Education: Masters in Urban and Regional Planning , Bachelors in Business Management and Economics
Experience: As an arts scholar, I always have the passion to participate in the world of land planning. The position of junior/ graduate Urban and Regional Planner is what I am looking for. I am keening to develop and utilise my growing skills and knowledge of urban and regional planning to establish a foothold and achieve towards a bright future for my personal and professional growth.
Besides, I challenge to gain the best possible result of any circumstances while continuously developing my problem solving and decision making skills. However, I have learned and observed that attentive to crucial details during multiple tasks has the fundamental impact of the final outcomes.
Recently, I am furthering my master degree in Urban and Regional Planning. My main duties are to theoretically and practically learn, develop and utilise the knowledge in physical, strategic and land use planning. This also includes the understanding of environmental, residential, commercial and mixed use designs. In addition, my role requires me to have good working knowledge with the ability to interpret and apply relevant policies, practices and Acts. This enables me to review, assess and develop proper strategic measures to increase the sustainability of project operation and comply with the planning standards at state level. Plus, I have exposed to comprehending the critical role in shaping a sustainable and context-sensitive approach to work through multiple university projects and group assignments with solid research and report writing abilities. The success of my conduct was also involving the previous academic qualification of bachelor degree in Economics and Business Management, together with my ability to liaise internally with other team members.
My strong initiative and exceptional working skills, combined with my ability to work well under pressure, allow me to play a crucial role in fast-paced and patient-centered environments. Furthermore, I will immediately pick up my responsibilities and commit to the interest of the organisation with my previous learning and working experience.
Name: Rosh Wickramasuriya
Phone: 0410 638 338
Desired working location: Victoria. However I am willing to move to NSW, WA, Tasmania and any location within these states.
2011 – 2013
Master of Planning (Professional)
Deakin University of Technology
Majoring in Urban Design and Environmental Sustainability
- Distinction for Managing Change and Innovation
- High Distinction for Managing for Environmental Sustainability
- Distinction for Thesis (Planning)
May 2014 – July 2014
SP AusNet Melbourne VIC
SP AusNet is an Australian energy company. It is listed on the ASX and SGX and operates three energy networks in Victoria. I was part of the team working on a major transmission network augmentation project in Victoria.
Planning Consultant – Property Group:
- Developed a community engagement strategy paper
- Created a construction managers’ toolkit document
- Wrote a general issues report that highlighted issues and problems that stakeholders may encounter during the execution stage of a project
- As a result of the general issues report, I further developed a risk management toolkit, to be used in conjunction with the general issues report in order to implement risk management actions
- Development of a strategy and objectives document, to be used in conjunction with the risk management toolkit and general issues report
- Assisted team members with statutory planning assistance for other projects
January 2013-March 2013
Monash City Council, VIC
Urban Design and Architecture Department - Work Placement
The City of Monash is a local government area in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne with an area of 81.0 square kilometers and an estimated population of 176,069 people.
2 month work placement while studying
- Wrote a detailed technical report on an urban rejuvenation project that was nearing its final stages
- Further development of my research and writing skills, for a wide range of readers
- Developed an in depth understanding of guidelines in force during both the planning and implementation phases of an urban development project
- Demonstrated a strong understanding and appreciation of restrictions in force due to the heritage overlay applied to sections within the development remit
- Liaised with a variety of external and internal stakeholders, including surveyors,
- (land and geo technical) social planners and cost planning economists
- Hands on experience during the activation of an activity centre
Wilson Transformer Company VIC
Australian owned transformer and engineering company. The Company's activities place particular emphasis on expertise, technology, safety, systems, product quality and delivery performance.
Work placement unit elective
- Undertook a detailed audit on the company’s manufacturing process
- Wrote a detailed report that offered recommendations on creating more sustainable and environmentally friendly practices
- Created comparison tables using statistical data regarding manufacturing processes
- Assisting in implementation and execution of an Environmental Management System, using ISO 14001 certification
Places Victoria (formerly VicUrban) VIC
An agency of the Victorian Government responsible for overseeing sustainable development in Victoria.
Work experience project
- Developed a report on a major project covering the urban renewal of the Docklands precinct. Report was titled Designing Urban Environments, Case Study.
- Learnt and put into practice, communication skills across a variety of media
Name: Alannah O’Brien-McDonald
Desired working location: Anywhere in Victoria
Bachelor of Arts (Global) with double major in Urban, Regional and International Development and International Studies (Graduating November 2014).
Final Year Major Projects:
-Economic Development of Geelong and Region
-Urban Regeneration of Melbourne’s Laneways
-Mapping Melbourne’s Future Population Growth (GIS)
-Urbanisation and Regional Development of Johannesburg, South Africa
Exchange Studies at Utrecht University, The Netherlands
-Development of Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
- Major Project - China’s Mega Urbanisation: How to safeguard a liveable future?
-Major Project - The Future of Technological Change, how far can globalisation go?
I have no practical planning experience outside of my university degree, however, I have seven years of other work experience. This has included customer service, reception, administration and management. I am currently looking for an opportunity to extend my work experience and develop practical skills within urban and regional planning.
Name: Jessica Pulleine
Desired working location: Western Australia (anywhere in the state)
Education: Third Year University Student, studying a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning
One week work experience at the Shire of Chittering with the Development and Planning Team, worked with the planning offiicer on development approval, tenture, compliance, and with the Economic Development Officer with comments on the Economic Development Strategy.
Name: Sabiha Zafrin
Desired working location: Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, however, willing to move ACT, Newcastle, Victoria or regional NSW
Doctor of Philosophy (Arts) (Thesis submitted on 23 May 2014)
University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia
M. Sc. (Urban Environmental Management)*
Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
CGPA 3.68 out of 4.0
Bachelor in Urban and Regional Planning (BURP)*
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET)
CGPA 3.78 out of 4.0
* degrees are assessed by VETASSESS and Queensland Overseas Qualification Assessment as equivalent to Australian Qualification Framework.
Professional Experience as Urban and Strategic Planner
- Worked four weeks with Strategic Planning Unit of Sunshine Coast Regional Council for work experience, Queensland, from July 3, 2012 for work experience.
- Assisted a range of coastal planning related tasks including researching coastal policy and reviewing and commenting in storm tide mapping, climate change adaptation research papers and state government policy reviews.
- Urban Planner at Acumen Architects and Planners, Dhaka, Bangladesh from 1 January 2009 to 30 June 2010.
Preparing plans for development or re-development and evaluating proposals according to the legislation and policies, recommending how schemes can be carried out for the controlled use of urban and rural land around Dhaka city and periphery, and advises on socio-economic, political and environmental factors affecting land use in the areas.
For the sake of better compliance, analysing the regional planning, housing and construction related acts and rules such as Dhaka Improvement Trust (Allotment of Land) Rule 1969, Detailed Area Plan, Real Estate Development and Management Act 2010, The Town Improvement Act 1953, Natural Water body Protection and Preservation of Open space and Playground Act 2000, Building Construction Rule 1996, Private Housing Project Land Development Rule 2004.
Compiling and analysing data on socio-economic, demographic, cultural, legal, political, and environmental factors affecting land use planning.
Maintaining correspondence with different level of government authorities, community groups, civil society, and relevant other professional and technical experts.
Facilitating resolving community conflicts during plan preparation and implementation.
- Research assistant in Southeast Asia Urban Environmental Management Applications (SEA-UEMA) Project – ADP Component, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand, from February 2008 to August 2008. The main responsibility was to write case study reports for the completed projects.
- Doctoral research on ‘Towards sustainable coastal governance: An improved framework for planning’ (Thesis submitted for examination) that involved South East Queensland (SEQ) as case-study to examine the transition in Queensland’s coastal planning system and evaluate the effectiveness of the coastal planning system.
- Research Assistant for writing two journal articles with Publication Completion Grant from the University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Master’s Research on ‘Water for the Environment: The Need for Strategic Environmental Assessment in Dhaka, Bangladesh’.
- Undergraduate thesis on ‘Planning Measures to Reduce Air Pollution in Dhaka City’, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, BUET.
- Teaching Assistant for the Planning and Environmental Law Course+
Delivered lectures on (Instruments of law, Queensland’s planning environment, Sustainability Planning Act (Qld), Integrated Development Assessment System (Qld), development charges, Queensland’s environmental law and planning practice, conditions and environmental charges).
developed comprehension tests for the students Sustainable Planning Act (Qld)
helped course coordinator to prepare lectures and course materials for the course, conducted tutorial sessions and assessed student’s performance.
- Tutor for the Planning and Environmental Law Course+
Assignments on Integrated Development Assessment System (Qld), helped students developing development applications for the project, assessment of the progress of assignments, helping students to go through online development assessment process and Sunshine Coast Council’s PD online website).
- Delivered lectures on Reflective practice, reflective practitioner, relation between research and planning practitioner’s practice, Queensland Practice for Planning Theory Course at University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Microsoft Office - Microsoft Word , Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power point
- NVIVO 10
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- ArcView GIS
Publications and Conference Presentations
Zafrin, S. J. Rosier and C. Baldwin (2014). Queensland’s coastal planning regime: the extent of participation in coastal governance, Journal of Planning Practice and Research.
Siddique, M. A. L, S. Zafrin, S. Myers, T. Smith, R. Babcock and R.W. Carter (2013). Co-learning in marine protected area for integrated coastal zone management, p 192-205. In: Moksness, E., Dahl, E. & Stottrup, J. (eds.) Global Challenges in Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Wiley-Blackwell, UK.
Zafrin, S., J. Rosier, and C. Baldwin (2013). The evolution of coastal planning in Queensland. International Symposium on the Connectivity of Hills, Humans and Oceans (CoHHO), on watershed and coastal management for environmental and biodiversity conservation and management, Kyoto University, Japan, 26-28 November 2013.
Zafrin, S., J. Rosier and C. Baldwin 2012. Queensland’s Coastal Planning Regime: challenges, strengths and weaknesses, oral presentation in the ‘Coast to Coast Conference’, Brisbane, Australia, 17-22 September 2012.
Zafrin, S. and J. Rosier (2011). Queensland's Coastal Management: Indicators to Measure Coastal Governance Outcomes, oral presentation in the “Queensland Coastal Conference 2011” held in Cairns, Queensland, Australia on 19-21 October 2011.
Rosier, J, Baldwin, C and Zafrin, S (2012). Implementing Good Governance Principles: Climate change adaption and coastal erosion in South East Queensland's coastal environment, ‘Coast to Coast Conference’, Brisbane, Australia, 17-22 September 2012.
Siddique, M. A. L, S. Zafrin, S. Myers, T. Smith, R. Babcock, and R.W. Carter (2011). Co-learning in marine protected area for integrated coastal zone management, poster presentation in the 2nd International Symposium on Integrated Coastal Zone Management in Arendal, Norway on 03-07 July 2011.
Name: Philip Sweeney
Phone: +44 07745 911161
Desired working location: Australia
Education: In 2003, I graduated with a B.A. (Hons) 2:1 in Environmental Planning from the University of Strathclyde;
PG Dip in Housing Studies at University of Stirling
Sept 2004 – April 2014: Perth & Kinross Council, (Perth, Scotland)
During this period I have been employed as a Planning Officer within the Development Management section at Perth and Kinross Council. This has allowed me to put into practice the theory I learned at University, while developing new transferable skills in Development Management. As part of a team of Planners, I undertook various tasks and responsibilities that delivered the Development Management Service. This included, principally, the processing of planning applications which involved site inspections, consulting with external and internal agencies, negotiating with applicants, preparing delegated and Committee reports as well as contesting appeals and preparing appeal reports.
During my time with Perth and Kinross I have been allocated a number of diverse and interesting applications. This comprised of residential developments, Commercial, Retail, Wind Turbines, telecommunications, Listed Building and Conservation Area Consent. At present, both planning policy and guidance are changing at national and local level. This therefore, means that I have to manage and adapt to these changes when determining the applications which I am allocated.
The skills at Perth and Kinross Council I have developed are as follows:-
- I am a highly motivated results driven Planner who has developed over 9 years experience working in a busy and demanding Local Planning Authority. As part of this, I have taken ownership of my own high and varied caseload of applications;
- Interpersonal Skills: I consider myself to be an effective communicator with the ability to develop working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; as well as applicants, agents and elected members – this has resulted in bringing further Economic Development and business growth to the area via Planning;
- Team Working: Through various development projects, I have adopted a Project Management approach, taking the lead in coordinating a multi-disciplinary team to deliver positive outcomes;
- Expertise in developing Planning Strategies to promote schemes and secure Planning Permission;
- Report Writing Skills: Capabilities in effective report writing, tailored to the audience in order to inform or recommend actions e.g. Delegated and Committee Reports;
- Excellent Negotiation Skills with external stakeholders in order to overwrite initial concerns and achieve a successful outcome;
- A successful track record in delivering and securing development projects through negotiation, Appeals and Legal Agreements;
- Time Management: Ability to dovetail various key tasks and responsibilities and meet tight deadlines under pressure;
- Specialist skills developed in compiling Retail Assessment and Economic analysis in relation to major retail developments;
- A competent technical Town Planner with experience in advising on a wide range of developments including Housing, Commercial, Retail, Mixed Use, Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas, Advertisement Applications.
28 April 2014 – Present: Neo Environmental Ltd
During this period, my role has been as EIA, principal Planning consultant and project manager for a range of commercial scale renewable energy developments and infrastructure projects. My main responsibilities include:
- Compiling Planning Statements on Wind Farms/Wind Turbines/Solar Farm projects’
- Compiling Planning Appeal Statements against refusals of Planning Consent;
- Management of developments from initial feasibility assessment through to planning consent.
- Feasibility studies for wind, solar and hydro projects.
- Compilation of comprehensive reports, including; Screening Opinion Requests, Scoping Reports, Environmental Statements, Supporting Statements, Community Briefing Notes, Decommissioning Statements.
- Utilisation of Arc GIS to compile constraints maps, including; cultural heritage designations, environmental designations, landscape designations;
- Community engagement and consultation;
- Grid connection application to DNO;
- Consultation with statutory and non-statutory bodies; Planning officers from Local Planning Authorities; external stakeholders (SEPA, SNH, Roads/Highways Engineers; Shell, BP, Forestry Commission) and clients.
This is a diverse role within a dynamic consultancy which is highly reliant upon good time management, communication and attention to detail.
I have developed further negotiation and Presentation skills (powerpoint presentations) from my experience in this post as well as the commercial demands that come with such a company in terms of competing with rival Renewable Energy companies and securing deals/contracts with clients.
I also attend Conferences and advertise the above company whilst building up a client base with which to hopefully, secure further Planning Consents.
In short, I have just under 10 years Town Planning experience in both, the public and private sector.
Name: Xiaoyi (Ashley) CHEN
Desired working location: Western Australia
Education: Msc. In Urban Design (UWA)
Msc. In Engineering Science (UNSW)
Bs. In Transport Engineering (China)
Experience: Desire a challenging position as urban planner / planner assistant / drafting technician to perform complex professional tasks for urban planning projects. I am specialised in CAD drawing& drafting, design development, 3D modelling and graphical representing. A team environment would be great a place for me to use my strength.
OMNI Design Pty Ltd. Perth WA Graduate Urban Planner (Casual), June - August 2014
Project: Large Scale Greenfield Development, WA: focusing on “Water City, Destination City, Eco City and Nature City”
Tasks: outline design brief; investigate preliminary requirements, design development and 3D modeling; prepare schematic diagrams, create master plans and prepare final presentation.
Hyder Consulting, Shanghai China - Transport Intern, March - September 2009
Shanghai Expo Transport Planning:
District land use plan study, peak hours traffic flow calculation, car park distribution map drawing, vehicle movement network drawing and presentation preparation.
Hangzhou Kenshanmen Station District Design and Planning:
Existing structure plan and future district expansion study, transit-oriented development case studies and district road network drafting.
Weifang Rail Station District Design and Planning:
Traffic data collection, important intersections drafting and final presentation preparation.
Handan High Speed Rail Station District Design and Planning:
Large scale integrated transport hub design principles study, important intersection drafting, road sections drawing and road network drafting.
Hangzhou Longxiang Rail Station District Urban Design Competition:
Transport network drafting and presentation preparation.
Name: Dallin D. Hutchinson
Desired working location: Tasmania, Victoria (Melbourne or rural), greater Adelaide, ACT or regional NSW.
Current Candidate for the Master of Real Estate Development degree from the University of Utah – Salt Lake City, Utah, USA (anticipated graduation in 2015). Master of Environmental Planning (MEnvPlg.), University of Tasmania – Hobart, Tasmania, Australia (2008). Bachelor of Science in Urban, Rural & Environmental Planning, Brigham Young University – Provo, Utah, USA.
Independent Planning Consultant. Providing a full range of consultancy services to individual clients, developers and municipalities in the United States, Australia and Indonesia. Expertise in the areas of urban, rural and environmental planning, property development, land acquisitions, subdivision, site planning and permitting. Proven project management capabilities with the ability to see a project from design to completion in accordance with project specifications, statutory requirements and within budgetary requirements.
Planning Consultant & Project Manager – Lester Franks Survey & Geographic (Adelaide, SA & Devonport, TAS) (2011-2013). Assisted clients with the design, strategic and statutory planning processes, and project management aspects of a range of multi-million dollar residential, commercial and industrial developments. Managed a portfolio of approximately forty projects throughout South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria. Liaised with State and local planning authorities and various statutory authorities to ensure the successful and satisfactory completion of development projects.
Developed a broad range of planning and development related business opportunities through the formation of internal and external relationships with property owners, developers and local government officers.
Statutory Planning Officer/Development Assessment Officer – Meander Valley Council, Huon Valley Council, Clarence City Council (2006-2010). Assessed and made recommendations on proposals for large-scale commercial and residential developments and subdivisions, state and federal government uses, industry, and airport uses. Ensured that all development proposals comply with relevant municipal requirements, state planning and heritage legislation and environmental policies. Provided professional planning advice over the counter and phone to residents of the municipalities, land developers, elected officials and state government officers. Represented the interests of council before development appeal tribunals.
Name: Phoebe CHEN
Desired working location: Sydney-CBD/North Sydney
- University of Federation Australia, Bachelor of Commerce (Sydney) Expected in 2015
- University of La Trobe, Diploma in Business 2012 - 2014
- Year 10-Year 12 Covenant Christian High School 2008 - 2012
Sales, Award Mortgage 2012 – 2013
- Expanded business development to include deposits and loans, which increased loan business 25%.
- Achieving sales targets and set key performance indicators.
- Ability to learn and effective problem solving skill.
- Work well under stress and able to set priorities among competing demands.
- Team Collaboration: Attended daily meetings reviewing daily production targets. Contributed to discussions on efficiency and process improvements as well as problem resolution.
Barrister, Michel’s 2012
- Effective Customer service skill with no complaints.
- Strong organizational skills which I use to do lists and a diary to help me
- Work well within teams and cooperative with others.
Accounting Clerk, (Internship) BANK OF NINGBO 2011 – 2012
- Various banks’ calculators Excellent in sales of various banking products (Consistently rewarded as the top sales in the branch) - Ningbo Branch
- Accurately process all business and personal banking transactions as well as meeting targets in fast pace environments.
- Controlling Cash and Negotiable items.
- Analysis, Data report and identifying cross-selling opportunities.
- Settle customer enquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Pro-actively communicate with customers to create interest in products and services to suit their needs.
Name: Sufia Taher
Desired working location: Adelaide, however willing to locate any where in South Australia
Masters of Urban and Regional Planning- Ongoing (University of South Australia)
Bachelor of Architecture- Completed 2012 (American International University of Bangladesh)
- Preparing a paper’s on ‘A review of Dhaka’s Urban Landscape Morphology’
- Preparing a paper’s on ‘Responsive Urban Space’
- 42 minutes multimedia presentation about the Pink City Xenovally.
- Bon Laneway, IPSWICH, Australia. Client: oDesk (We Value You), By: Revit Architecture
- Renovation Project, Germany, Client: oDesk (Mesut Yilmaz), By: Revit Architecture
- Six Storied Building at Baridhara, Dhaka. Client: Kazi Usman
- Six Storied Building at Mirpur. Client: Nahar Afroz Banu
- Three storied Resident at Nicunjo. Client: VC (Uttara University)
- Six Storied Building, Uttara. Client: Creation Developer.
- Starlight Complex. Client : Starlight Group
- Uttara University. Client: VC (Uttara University)
- Residential Interior. Client: Mr. Rusho
- Office Interior of Orion Group. Client: Orion Group
- Seven storied sweater factory (60,000 sq ft per floor) in board bazaar, Gazipur. Client: Starlight Group.
- Starlight Complex. Client : Starlight Group
- Savar Garments. Client: Mohiuddin Alamgir
Mixed Use Building:
Savar Mixed Use. Client: Mr. Kamruzzaman
- Strong in Public speaking, listening and writing
- Skilled in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Revit Architecture, Sketchup
- Proficient in Computer Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking in English
Name: Anthony Schesky
Desired working location: Within or around Brisbane, however I am flexible and willing to work anywhere within Australia
2010- 2013 Bachelor of Urban and Environmental Planning
Griffith University, Nathan Campus, Brisbane, QLD
- Environmental Assessment (HD)
- Environmental Politics and Policy (D)
- Development and Indigenous People (D)
- Public Involvement and Community Development (D)
- Research Methods for Social Science (D)
- Science, Technology and Society (D)
Department of Transport and Main roads (TMR) Internship 2012- 2013
- Undertook extensive data entry of travel surveys completed by residents of the South East Queensland Region (Mainly from within the Gold Coast area)
- Assisted Data Analysis personnel with completion of daily data entry tasks
- Edited and updated previous data tables and graphs for upcoming reports
- Tasked with analysing data taken from the Far North Queensland region and identifying significant trends in previous data
- Gained new ways of thinking, approaching tasks and document formatting
- Learnt how to communicate and operate within an office environment
- Furthered my personal computer skills and learnt the basics of MapInfo and Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- ArcGIS and MapInfo (Basics)
- Familiar with Windows and MacOSX systems
- Adobe Lightroom
- Awareness of environmental and sustainability issues
- Effective teamwork skills gained from employment and tertiary team projects
- Developed critical thinking and strategic problem solving from tertiary studies
- Effective capacity building and reflection techniques
- Comprehensive research and analytical skills
- Effective essay, report and technical writing skills
- Public event organisation skills
- Understanding of how to manage stakeholder relationships
- Basic mapping and drafting skills
- Experience working within the planning industry
- (Internship with Department of Transport and Mainroads)
- Undertaken basic development application work throughout tertiary studies (using the IDAS process)
Resume available on request
Thanks for viewing my profile, if you would like to know more information about myself please do not hesitate to contact me.
Name: Dana Elphinstone
Phone: 0412 134 772
Desired working location: Ideally Hobart Tasmania, but willing to re-locate for the right opportunity.
Graduate Diploma of Environmental Planning, University of Tasmania 2013
Bachelor of Antarctic Science, University of Tasmania 2009-2012
Majors in Antarctic Science and Zoology.
Strong focus on ecology, environmental management, and the marine environment.
Green Steps Workplace Sustainability Training 2011
Bachelor of Art & Sciences, University of Sydney, 2008-2009
Completed 3 semesters before transferring to the University of Tasmania.
Highly developed communication skills; demonstrated by years of client support roles in legal and dental practices, voluntary community roles, and university; in these roles I worked with various people and maintained clear communication throughout.
Excellent organisational skills; demonstrated by achieving deadlines in research scholar role at CSIRO and TLC, independent work as a personal assistant, and the ability to manage schedules, patients, and phone calls for five dentists.
Strong research skills; demonstrated by successfully completing a research scholarship role at CSIRO, professional placement with the Tasmanian Land Conservancy, and attainment of a Bachelor degree in Antarctic Science and Graduate Diploma of Environmental Planning.
Professional approach; demonstrated by stong attention to detail, professional manner and tone in addressing relevant parties through verbal and written correspondence, and strong appreciation of confidentiality.
Tasmanian Land Conservancy: July-September 2013
I completed an independent firewood feasibility study.
CSIRO – Marine & Atmospheric Research Team: November 2011 – January 2012
I was engaged as a research scholar to study biogeochemical cycles using computer based models.
Administrative & Project Management Experience
Worrall Lawyers: February 2013 – currently
I have been working as a Personal Assistant in an estate planning, litigation, conveyancing and commercial legal practice. I currently assist a Senior Associate working in Estate Litigation.
Students of Sustainability Conference 2013
I worked as the volunteer logistics coordinator to organise and run the 2013 conference.
Please note, this is very brief overview of my work history. I have worked in various other dental and legal practices since high school, supporting myself while studying. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss my experience and career goals.
Name: Adeolu John Adediran
Desired working location: Anywhere in Australia
Master of City and Regional Planning, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Professional Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Higher National Diploma in Town Planning, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
National Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
My strong educational background in urban planning and development with a Master of City and Regional Planning from The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA and my long years of experience in this field are positive features. As a Town Planning Officer, I was part of the planning teams that reviewed and processed different developmental proposals such as building plans, fence permit, environmental impact assessment reports, traffic and transportation issues and other related physical planning responsibilities in the area. Besides that, I conducted daily field inspections to see that the developers comply with City codes and other regulations, provided information on ordinances, codes, plans and regulations to the general public and conducted urban renewal processes. At STG Group, Inc., Dayton, Ohio, USA, I had the opportunity of monitoring various construction projects in Dayton Area, assisted property developers and their teams in developing projects that meet City Codes and permit conditions, Also, I assisted with internet services, emails and other administrative duties. During my internship with the Greater Linden Development Corporation, Columbus, Ohio, USA, I prepared GIS geodatabase maps for neighbourhood development and economic growth opportunities, researched available developmental grants/funds in the Greater Linden Area, reviewed Ohio Food Scraps Recovery Initiative Program and participated in the development review processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local/municipal planning principles
- Excellent research and problem-solving technique
- Strong in public speaking, listening and writing
- Proficient in Computer Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skilled in ArcMap GIS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, internet and emails
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Flexibility, quick learning, reliability, and zero tolerance to dishonesty
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
Name: Nathan Atterton
Desired working location: Adelaide, however willing to locate anywhere in Australia for the right opportunity.
Master of Urban and Regional Planning, University of South Australia
Bachelor of Environmental Management (Honours), Flinders University
While my Planning Experience is currently limited, and I am looking for a graduate entry level opportunity, I have undertaken a number of work experience placements as part of my study programs, along with being involved in other organisations, learning many skills and taking advantage of these broad ranging opportunities. Within my recently completed Master’s degree, I undertook a work placement within the South Australian Department for Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) where I engaged in a range of Planning Policy tasks, including statutory rezoning processes (the South Australian Development Plan Amendment DPA process) along with background transport planning research (including the Adelaide O-Bahn). My Master’s Thesis focussed on the impact of rail freight on the Adelaide-Melbourne railway Corridor through the Adelaide Hills, where main concerns raised by the local community and residents included train noise, and level crossing traffic delays. Throughout my Masters I have also developed a passion for Community and Social Planning, particularly surrounding Community Engagement, and its processes. I believe that I would be able to offer a high level of ability and quality support to the right firm with the right opportunity. I am also looking for a firm that would be keen to offer me the right professional development support in return, in order to realise my full potential.
Other Experience /Employment:
February 2012: Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) Work placement: Reading and summarising public submissions into Ministerial DPA’s, preparing Ministerial correspondence, O-Bahn Corridor Structure Plan – GIS Analysis and background research.
Feb - June 2010: Conservation Council of SA - Reef Watch Intertidal Monitoring Program: Data Entry from Intertidal Monitoring Activities
2010 – Current: Car Wash Attendant, On The Run Happy Wash, Adelaide
Feb - Apr 2009: Goolwa to Wellington Local Action Planning Association (GWLAP) Work Experience: Assistance with field work including site visits, field days, and monitoring activities to mapping, planning, and office work
2009-2013: Australian Youth Climate Coalition (AYCC):
* AYCC SA Media Team) Provision of media support to local Action Groups, writing press releases. General media co-ordination for AYCC SA Branch.
Nov/Dec2011: National Policy Analyst/Adviser: Policy research and writing policy briefs/articles, submissions etc
May – June 2007: PIRSA Petroleum and Geothermal Group - Industry Placement : Review of ‘Criteria for the Classification of Environmental Impact’, Section 98, Petroleum Act 2000. Researching, writing reports, individual and group meetings with Internal Stakeholders, sending and receiving correspondence
Name: DURGA PRASAD SUNU
Phone: +91- 95602 63907
Desired working location: Anywhere in Australia
Masters in Transportation Engineering from
Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
Over 7 years of Experience in the field of Transport Planning & Modeling. Currently working as Manager (Transport Modeling) at UMTC, New Delhi , India.
Expertise in Softwares like VISUM, TransCAD
Basic knowledge of CUBE , VISSIM, Synchro, Sidra
Name: Mona Koehbach
Desired working location: Brisbane Region, QLD
During my work as a project leader I gained experience in managing a diverse team with a tight time schedule and budget. I have a passion for organising and planning. I had the opportunity to do master planning as well as detailed urban planning. During my studies I focused on sustainable city planning and landscape management.
Hence I am seeking for a new professional challenge (preferable full-time) and for a job which gives me the opportunity to do something worthwhile for our society.
I am an open-minded, curious and communicative person. I like to work structured and aim-oriented. Passion for my work and learning new tasks are important to me.
- Certified project manager
- 3.5 years professional experience
- High level computer skills incl. MS Project, AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suites
- experienced in cost control and management challenges
- Patient and even-tempered under stress-situations
- Efficient work output as individual or as team member
Feb 2014 Certified Project Manager IPMA Level C®
Oct 2008 – Feb 2011 Master studies landscape planning and architecture, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna/Austria
Jul 2007 – Jan 2008 Study abroad, SLU - Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Alnarp/Sweden
Oct 2005 – Oct 2008 Bachelor studies landscape planning and architecture, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna/Austria
Professional experience (excerpt):
Sep 2010 - Apr 2014 Project leader, Atelier Auböck + Kárász Landschaftsarchitekten, Vienna/Austria
- Leading and planning of projects in the field of landscape architecture
- Organization, coordination and communication using PM Tools
- Controlling of PM variables like costs, time and scope
- From competition to construction site management
- Representation of the project team
- Planning (predominantly construction) and designing
- Teaching of new co-workers
Jul 2008 - Sep 2010 Team member, Atelier Auböck + Kárász Landschaftsarchitekten, Vienna/Austria
Jul 2009 - Aug 2009 Team member, LUZ Landschaftsarchitekten München, Munich/Germany
Jul 2007 - Aug 2007 Gardener, Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna
- AutoCad, Vectorworks
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- ORCA AVA Software
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- MS Project
If you got interested in my person please ask for my full CV.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
Name: Subhan Irfani
Desired working location: Anywhere in Australia
I am a post-graduate looking for employment in the planning industry in a casual, part time or work experience capacity where I can extend my knowledge and professional experience while serving the community.
I have a deep-rooted passion for sustainability and its different facets in general and sustainable town planning in specific, which has mainly been resulted from my value system ,qualification, professional and personal experiences.
As an energetic person strong work ethics, enthusiasm and perseverance, I always embrace new challenges as they help me in my constant growth both personally and professionally. Flexible and adaptable to different working environments, I am extremely responsible and committed to tasks.
I truly believe that my dedication, discipline and creativity will be an asset to any place I work with.
|Masters of Arts in Sustainable Urban and Regional Planning||February 2011 – February 2013||Murdoch University, Perth|
|Bachelor of Natural Resources Engineering- Environment||September 2005 – June 2009||ISFAHAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (IUT), IRAN|
August 2012 – November 2012
Business Improvement and Economic Development Surveyor, City of Fremantle
- Promote the development and advancement of commercial and trading interests of businesses in the Business District through a coordinated and structured field- inspections and the interrogation of various City record systems to ensure the resultant database is as fully populated as possible.
- Research the benefits of sustainable business practices.
- Interviewing locals and businesses to improve community relations with the Council.
- Contributed to the development of the Business Improvement District project.
- Implemented successful communication with locals and businesses to understand their concerns.
- Acquired knowledge on the benefits of sustainability for business improvement.
- Praised for having a robust professional behaviour and motivation for the accomplishment of the assigned tasks.
February 2008 – January 2009
Junior Environmental Assistant
Rahian Abad Boom Construction and Development PTY LTD.
- Review plans and make suggestions regarding the socio-environmental impacts of the proposed projects.
- Organized meetings and discussed the purpose of project with planning members.
- Attended meetings with various groups of stakeholders and engineers.
- Conducted environmental reviews including preparation of initial studies.
- Providing the project managers with the results of the review through reporting and presentation
- Introducing sustainable building guidelines and regulations to builders, developers and property owners.
- Assisting project managers to investigate on the economic feasibility of the proposed projects
February 2007 – February 2008
Rahian Abad Boom Construction and Development PTY LTD.
- Reporting to the project manager on the assigned tasks and small projects.
- Learning and studying the possible environmental and social-cultural implications of the proposed projects.
- Investigating the likely interactions between a planned project and its surroundings through visiting the sites with the senior engineers.
- Regular office work.
29th April 2011 – 2nd May 2011
Volunteer at Curtin Volunteers (CV)
Brief Description : Providing support to the indigenous community of Laverton through different community programs such as sports and recreation.
18th February 2014
Volunteer at Fremantle Volunteer Service
Brief Description : Coastal rehabilitation and dune re-vegetation, South Beach, Fremantle, WA.
September 2012 - Present
Occupation: Night Fill
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Intermediate in AutoCAD and GIS
- Familiar with InDesign and Photoshop
Phone: 0407 221 469
Desired working location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich
I’m currently a fourth year student at QUT and will be graduating in November. I am looking for employment in the planning industry in a casual, part time or work experience capacity where I can further develop my planning knowledge and skill-set through professional experience.
My passion for planning is based in a combination of social, physical and strategic planning, which developed from an architectural focus into a fascination with how planning can address human values and the desire for space and place. Other interests include tactical urbanism, population growth, sustainable transport and urban greening. A combined education in the fields of architecture and town planning, has provided me with a deep understanding of, and an analytical approach to, the built environment and context-sensitive development.
I am a determined individual who can rise to a challenge and facilitates self-learning. I have an excellent work ethic, strong interpersonal communication skills and a need to produce quality work
Bachelor of Design (Architecture), Second Major in (Urban and Regional Town Planning) Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
National White Card, Construction Industry
Certificate III in Financial Services
Certificate II in Information Technology
Technical and Planning Skills:
Competent Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, SPSS, Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Revit
Knowledge of Planning Principles and Methodologies including DA and policy formation processes
Strong skills in research, survey design, data analysis, writing, public presentation, interpersonal communication and teamwork
Professional Planning Experience not yet acquired.
2011-2014: Waitress at ‘Amici’s’
Arbour View Cafes, Southbank Parklands 4101
2012: Au Pair and Assistant English Teacher
Levata, Curtatone, Italy
2009-2010: Office Clerk at ‘Wide Bay Australia’
102 Barolin Street, Bundaberg 4670
John Paul Martin
Phone: 0412 582 818
Desired Working Location: Melbourne, VIC
RMIT University Graduate 2013
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (AILA Accredited)
Bachelor of Urban & Regional Planning, with Honours (PIA Accredited)
AutoCAD | Adobe Suite | Google Sketchup | Rhino 3D | V-Ray | Microsoft Office
I am currently employed in customer service & sales, looking for a junior/graduate position to establish a foothold to my career.
My current interest, derived from previous experiences, is to pursue a career within the collaborative fields of Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning & Design.
I am highly capable with design documentation and process, and have solid research and report writing abilities. I am also aware of the new projected targets for Plan Melbourne 2050, and have a good understanding of the Planning & Environment Act 1987.
Please feel free to contact me for a copy of my CV or portfolio.
Desired working location: Gold Coast, Brisbane
My passion for planning stemmed from my fascination with the built and natural environment, and my desire to make a positive change on those two things. Throughout my degree at Griffith, and environmental conservation volunteering, my love of the environment has become an important aspect of my values system and career focus. Other interests I have include social planning, cultural heritage, community engagement in planning, and urban design, and urban greening. I’m hard working, determined individual with an excellent work ethic.
I’m currently a fourth year student at Griffith University, ready for graduation in November. I have just finished work experience for the Queensland government and am looking for employment in the planning industry either full time or part time work while put the finishing touches on my degree.
- Griffith University, Gold Coast
- Bachelor of Urban and Environmental Planning 2011 –present
- Graduation Nov 2014
Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, Brisbane Feb-May 2014
Student environmental planning and policy officer
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Ministerial designation for community infrastructure
- Environmental policy planning
- Environmental impact statements
- Wetland and coastal development
- ArcGIS software use
Humpbacks and High-rises, Gold Coast 2013-present
Volunteer Research Assistant
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Whale behaviour monitoring
- Data entry
- Media liaison
Desired working location: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane
Cornell University, USA – 2007 to 2009
Master’s Degree, City and Regional Planning
Concentration: Urban Design and Land Use Planning
University of Pune, India – 2001 to 2006
Bachelor’s Degree, Architecture
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA - 2013
Certificate, Challenges of Global Poverty
KC Academy Pte Ltd, Singapore- 2014
Certificate, Effective Negotiation Skills
- Urban Planner with keen interest in Physical, Strategic and Land Use Planning.
- Above 6 years of experience in large-scale urban planning and design, real estate development, architecture and planning policy for both, public sector and private sector clients.
- Involved in multidisciplinary projects in The United States, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Qatar, Rwanda, Singapore, Thailand and UAE.
- Experience and training in Architecture, Planning and Real Estate plays a critical role in shaping a sustainable and context-sensitive approach to the work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Planning Principles and Methodologies.
- Strong research, analytical and writing skills.
Urban Designer/Planner, Surbana International Consultants Pte Ltd, Singapore
August 2012 – Present
Assistant Urban Designer/Planner, Halcrow – a CH2M Hill Company, Mumbai, India
June 2010 – July 2012
Volunteer – India Operations, 30 Dollar Finance (Non-profit), San Francisco, USA
October 2009 – June 2010
Planning Assistant, Tompkins County Planning Department, New York, USA
June 2009 – September 2009
Research Assistant, National Data Archive for Child Abuse and Neglect, New York, USA
February 2009 – June 2009
Intern - Real Estate Strategic Consulting, Jones Lang LaSalle, Pune, India
June 2008 – August 2008
Graduate Teaching Research Specialist, Cornell University, New York, USA
August 2007 – May 2008 & August 2008 – May 2009
Lecturer, Sinhgad College of Architecture, Pune, India
August 2006 – July 2007
Master Planner/Architect, PLANARCH Architects, Pune, India
August 2006 – July 2007
Intern - Architect, Vastu Shilpa Consultants, Ahmedabad, India
June 2005 – December 2005
Research Papers and Publications
- The Role Of The IT-ITES Industry In Shaping Pune, India
- What happened on July 26, 2005? - Basis of Examination of Storm water Management in Mumbai
- GIS Analysis of Asian Enclaves in Edison, New Jersey, USA
- Genesee Land Trust Conservation Plan, NY, USA
- Collegetown Vision 2028 - New Growth, Strong Roots: Ithaca, NY, USA
- Best Planning Project, 2013 – Singapore Institute of Planners
- Outstanding Student Project, 2008 – American Planning Association
- Academic Excellence, 2006 – Indian Institute of Architects
- Second place in Urban Design Competition, 2005 – Pune University
- Singapore Institute of Planners
- American Planning Association
- Council of Architecture India
- Indian Institute of Architects
Esther Maria Fernandes
Desired working location: Any
- Environmental Planning
- Sustainable Site & Pedestrian Planning
- Environmental Management
- Policy Research
- Knowledge of Environmental/Urban Planning Policy Frameworks
- Sustainability Benchmarking
- Microsoft Office
- Sketch up
Percentage / Grade
Sustainable Urban Mobility in Developing Countries
United Nations Institute for Training & Research (online)
September 2013 to December 2013
Master of Science Environmental Planning
Macquarie University, Sydney
July 2010 to December 2011
Bachelor of Science Life Science & Biochemistry
Sophia College for Women, Mumbai
2006 to 2009
I have 2 years work ex. My role involves environmental planning & organisational sustainability in the real estate sector.
- Lead for Environmental Planning of residential, commercial & mixed use developments, pan India.
- Lead for Green Building Certification of residential, commercial & mixed use developments, pan-India.
- Lead for organisational strategies in sustainability.
- Lead for mandatory CSR strategy for organisation.
- Lead for GRI G4 sustainability reporting for the organisation.
- Lead for GRESB reporting for the organisation.
- Creation of in-house pedestrian-friendly design & planning standards.
- Review, assessment and development of strategic measures to increase the sustainability of the operational and product phases of the company.
- Drove the CSR policy formation for the organisation.
- Drove the initiation for sustainability reporting under the Global Reporting Initiative for the organisation.
Peta (van Zanden) Church
Desired working location: Brisbane, Ipswich and Sunshine Coast
Education: Masters in Urban and Regional Planning (also currently undertaking a Bachelor of Laws)
Experience: I have a solid 8-9 years of development assessment experience with State and Local Government. I am currently taking a break from full-time, office based work due to a new baby, however am very willing and able to work from my home based office. My development assessment, client relations and report writing skills are impeccable, as is my ability to organise and prioritise workloads and deadlines. I am happy to send you my resume on request and can start immediately (can hit the ground running so to speak).
I am an architect having about 5 years’ experience in architecture and town planning. I had keen interest in town planning in my early days of Architecture and hence completed graduate diploma in development planning from Curtin University. As requested, I am enclosing a completed job application and my resume.
This position is very interesting, and I believe that my strong technical experience and education will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:
- Strong knowledge of town planning principles.
- Good working knowledge with the ability to interpret and apply relevant policy, practices and Acts.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Team working skills.
- Graduate Certificate in Development Planning from Curtin University.
- Bachelor degree in Architecture.
- Deep knowledge of R-codes.
- Sound knowledge of Building Regulations and Land use planning.
- Sound knowledge of statutory provisions relating to regional and urban planning.
- I strive for continued excellence.
- I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers.
- As part of my work career I have used all Microsoft applications and I am proficient in using MS –Word, MS-Excel, MS –PowerPoint & MS –Outlook and other software like AutoCAD.
Possess C class Driver License.
I also have experience in learning and excelling at new technologies as needed.
My duties included:
- Assess and give advice by letter, telephone, and site or office meetings to the general public, their professional agents, developers, estate agents, solicitors etc., on medium sized and potentially controversial development proposals which may become the subject of formal planning applications, including the interpretation of planning policies and other related matters. Make a judgement about the level of information required to support those planning applications.
- For medium sized planning applications: help validate the application; secure further information if required; undertake a site visit and commission further consultation if required; assess the proposal against policy, in relation to design and impact; assess responses to consultation from third parties and statutory consulters’; negotiate on amendments to proposals and make a recommendation and suggest reasons for refusal / conditions; prepare a report.
- For planning appeals: Agree, with lead officer, the specific case to be made; research case law and planning policy, making recommendations on the merits of different cases; provide opinion on legal issues; liaise with community groups, Members and other 3rd parties; prepare written representations to submit and secure agreement to written submission; attend appeal site visits.
I can be reached anytime via email at email@example.com or my cell phone, 0423627913.
Upon recently moving to Melbourne, it is my desire to continue and pursue my career in the Urban / Town Planning industry. I am currently seeking a casual/part-time/full-time town planning position where I can further develop my town planning knowledge, skill-set, and gain additional experience and abilities.
Throughout my career, my professional objective has been to implement my attained town planning training, knowledge and abilities while applying myself and continuing to learn through new challenges. I am a determined and diligent individual with the ability and desire to acquire innovative skills and I consider that I have a work approach that is extremely conscientious. I also bring to any job a strong work ethic and desire to succeed, a willingness to cooperate with others, and a need to produce quality professional work.
I have approximately six (6) years experience in the Urban / Town Planning industry. Until recently, I had been working as a Town Planning Consultant in Brisbane for four (4) years at a privately owned organisation, which provide technical consultancy services on geological and resource investigations; environmental assessments and advice on land-use planning and development to clients throughout Queensland, Australia.
During this time, my core responsibilities included the preparation of town planning advice to clients, professional colleagues, consultants and members of the public; managing town planning research tasks; and undertaking detailed desktop site investigations for a variety of town planning projects. In addition to this, I have also been involved in a number of projects involving the preparation and assessment of development applications for a broad range of land-uses including residential, commercial and industrial projects. Working closely with Managers and Senior Planners at this organisation facilitated my development as a Town Planner and has provided me with the experience to effectively collaborate in a team effort made up of multi-disciplinary professionals. Working within this environment has also enabled me to deliver a service consistent with client needs, project timeliness, quality expectations, and has helped polish my interpersonal communication skills.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning, Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
Bachelor of Built Environment and Engineering (Urban and Regional Planning), Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY / PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Jan 2011 – Feb 2014: Town Planning Consultant
Oct 2009 – Dec 2010: Graduate Town Planning Consultant
Jul 2007 – Feb 2009: Student Town Planner
I look forward to hearing from you should there be appropriate current or possible future opportunities in your organisation. Should you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me for my CV or any further information. I am available on short notice and can be contacted via email or mobile on the details provided below.
Mobile: +61 401 675 635
- Masters in Regional and Urban Planning, University College Dublin
First Class Honours
- BA Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy, University College Dublin
First Class Honours
- Microsoft Office, CAD (2D), Sketch Up, ArcGIS, undertaking a CPD course in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Report writing, presentation skills, research and data analysis, communication skills, teamwork skills, keen eye for detail
- Graduate Town Planner
- Town Planning Research Assistant
I am a 25 year old Town Planner from Ireland.
In August 2012 I graduated from University College Dublin with a First Class Honours Master’s in Regional and Urban Planning. In September 2011, I completed an undergraduate degree in Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy in University College Dublin, also achieving a First Class Honours. Both of these Degrees are accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute. My results demonstrate my driven, determined, hard-working, and motivated personality.
In addition to my academic background, I have also acquired professional Town Planning experience. I have worked as a Graduate Town Planner in a private planning consultancy and as a part-time Research Assistant in University College Dublin. Therefore, I have gained experience working on a wide spectrum of planning projects including residential, retail and commercial developments.
I am currently living in Sydney NSW and am looking for a position as a Town Planner or Urban Designer. I am willing to relocate in order to obtain employment and to develop my Town Planning career.
Phone: 0406 515 708
- Master of Science in Planning, University of Guelph (Ontario, Canada)
- Certificate in Program Evaluation, University of Guelph (Ontario, Canada)
- Honours Bachelors of Arts in Economics, University of Toronto (Ontario, Canada)
- ArcGIS 10.1, Microsoft Office, Data Collection, Research, Data Analysis,
- Project Evaluation, Community Engagement, Report Writing, Land Use Regulation, Public Presentations and Survey Design.
As a newly minted planning professional, I am preparing to leverage my MSc. in Planning, either in an urban or a rural context.
I have hands on experience in community development planning, land use planning, economic development planning and policy planning/ development. Having an economics background allows me to be highly analytical when studying qualitative or quantitative data.
I am seeking a junior planner position in Australia and I feel that I would be an asset to any organization because I offer a variety of skills listed in the “Skills” section.
For a more detailed insight into my skills and offerings please feel free to contact me for my resume.
Cell: +(416) 887- 4017
Master of Science in Transport and Planning, Cardiff University, U.K. 2011.
Bachelor of Arts in Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland. 2010
AutoCAD, SketchUp, ArcGIS, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
I have recently moved to Darwin from Melbourne and I am looking for a position in planning. I am a Town Planner and I have previous experience at a planning consultancy in Melbourne and I also have a Masters in Transport and Planning from Cardiff University in the United Kingdom.
I have previous experience on numerous projects including planning applications/ amendments, bushfire applications, further information requests, development potential/ assessment and AutoCAD designs. I was involved in each stage of the project and gained valuable experience.
Further to this I have extensive administration experience and I would be happy to bring these skills along with my planning knowledge to any potential team.
I am looking for a planning position in Darwin CBD or the surround suburbs. I available to start immediately and eager to further my planning knowledge.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for my resume or any further information you may require.
Tel: 0497 868 709